The Matrix Array™ can be configured for acute or chronic small animal experiments, interfacing with large populations of neurons in 3D space, up to 10 mm deep.
- 3D Neural Interface – The Matrix Array concurrently spans cortical columns and layers, covering a volume of tissue and interfacing with large populations of neurons.
- Robust – Lab-tested and refined to the smallest detail, the Matrix Array can withstand demanding chronic applications.
- Versatile – The modular assembly of the Matrix Array allows for varied configurations: record from cortical and/or subcortical areas, as well as from the brain surface, all with the same probe. Electrode length, site area, and shank/site spacing can all be customized for your application.
- High Channel Density – Record and stimulate from 64 or 128 channels.
- Refined surgical procedure – NeuroNexus worked closely with labs to develop a low-speed, low-risk, automated implantation procedure, reducing recovery time and preserving tissue health.
- Optogenetics-compatible – Configure a Matrix Array with an integrated optical fiber for novel optogenetics applications.